GEA – Mother Earth – is a group of search & rescue, ecology and social campaigns, founded in 1994 within Aktiffelsefe Cultural Association organization and comprising entirely of volunteer members.
GEA Team performs search and rescue operations in all life-threatening disasters in national and international territories to reach to people trapped under debris due to the disaster and continues medical and humanitarian aid activities in disaster areas.
GEA is a member of INSARAG (International Search and Rescue Advisory Group) since 1999.
GEA Objective of Foundation and Principles
- To help people affected from disasters, without making any discrimination regarding their religion, language, sex, race, social status etc.
- To improve preparedness for natural and environmental disasters.
- To transform energies of individuals into a constructive form in social terms.
- To combine volunteerism, citizenship, cooperation and volunteer service values with active operations.
- To enhance individual capacities to ensure integrity with the nature.
- To organize activities to protect the world we live in, considering the fact that human is a part of nature.
Short History of GEA
Having signed a protocol with Turkish General Directorate of Civil Defense in 1999, GEA has arranged its standards in accordance with the standards of United Nations (INSARAG). Getting trainings from General Directorate of Civil Defense since 1999, team members also took search & rescue trainings and performed drills with Civil Defense teams in Japan and RAPID UK Team in UK. GEA took trainings from UK, Japanese, and German Civil Defense Teams and with El Salvador Army and also gave trainings to various civil defense organizations in line with the invitations received from Thailand, Indonesia, Austria, France, Spain, USA, Greece and Mexico. GEA executed emergency collaboration protocols and communication agreements with official civil defense teams and NGOs in 22 countries demonstrating disaster risk.
· 19 Branches
· 1.115 Volunteer Members
· 112 International Operation Members
· 246 National Operation and Support Team Members
- 1996,Kırıkkale Plant Explosion Operation
- 1997,Kırklareli ForestFire Operation
- 1998,Istanbul ForestFire Operation
- 1999,Marmara Earthquake Operation
- 1999,Taiwan Earthquake Operation
- 1999,Düzce Earthquake Operation
- 1999,İzmit Earthquake Aftershock Operation
- 2001,El Salvador Earthquake Operation
- 2001,Guatemala Earthquake Aftershock Operation
- 2001,India Earthquake Operation
- 2002,Afyon Earthquake Operation
- 2003,Bingöl Earthquake Operation
- 2003,Algeria Earthquake Operation
- 2003,Burgazada Fire Operation
- 2003,Beth Israel Synagogue Explotion Operation
- 2003,HSBC Bank and U K Consulate Explosion Operations
- 2004,Iran Earthquake Operation
- 2004,Konya Zümrüt Apartment Collapse Operation
- 2004,Morocco Earthquake Operation
- 2004,Pamukova Train Accident Operation
- 2004,Gebze Train Accident Operation
- 2004,South Asia– Sri Lanka Tsunami Disaster Operation – 1
- 2005,South Asia– Sri Lanka Tsunami Disaster Operation – 2
- 2005,South Asia– Sri Lanka Tsunami Disaster Operation – 3
- 2005,Pakistan Earthquake Operation
- 2006,Bursaİntam Housing Blocks Collapse Operation
- 2006,Philippines LandSlide Operation
- 2007,Zeytinburnu Building Collapse Operation
- 2007,Şirinevler Building Collapse Operation
- 2008, Davutpaşa Sparkling Factory Explosion Operation
- 2008,Olimpos Fire Operation
- 2009,Eskişehir Explosion Operation
- 2009,Marmara Flood Disaster Operation
- 2009,Indonesia Earthquake Operation
- 2010,Haiti Earthquake Operation
- 2010,Elazığ Earthquake Operation
- 2010,Pakistan Flood Operation
- 2011,Ankara Ostim Explosion Operation
- 2011,Japan Bridgeof Love
- 2011,Van Erciş Earthquake Operation
- 2011,Van Edremit Earthquake Operation
- 2014, Search Operation for Pamir Baby
- 2014,Bosnia and Herzegovina Flood Operation
- 2014,Soma Mine Disaster Search and Rescue Operation
- 2015,Nepal Earthquake Operation
- 2015,Nepal Medical and Humanitarian Aid Operation
- 2015,Üsküdar Building Collapse Operation
- 2016,Ekvador Medical and Humanitarian Aid Operation
- 2017,Arakan Refugees Medical Support and Humanitarian Operation
- 2018,Indonesia Earthquake Humanitarian Aid Operation
- 2019,Kartal Building Collapse Operation